Wednesday, January 3

limits

LIMITATIONS!!!
UGH!
Life is so Limiting!!!
There is so much failure to reconize differant personalities indiviually and take action to expand horizons!!
This always happens to me every time I go somewhere other then here, in the middle of deprivization USA.
It's not just that I feel limited in school because we practically don't do anything worth spending 7 hours of your day doing, mostly becuase half of my classes are filled with my fellow freshmen that never learned how to learn from a teacher, so we pretty much never get anything worth doing done. Also, in english, we've written ONE essay, a five paragraph essay that takes like 10 minutes to write, and that's about all we've done, aside from read a few random short stories and one novel (which were taking over a month to read, and it's something like 170 pages, pretty easy read). Now, I realize that alot of kids in my class need to go that slow, but I mean hey, come on people, don't make them drag everyone down with them.
Now, I don't know what it is about me, I'm not saying I'm super smart or anything, becuase believe me, I'm not. I think it's just that I (along with a few fellow peers, mostly the ones who transfered in from differant schools, like myself) can actually take information we've been taught and put it to use a year later when writting a paper or something. I totally messed that up, because that's not really what I was trying to say, but I don't know how else to say it, so just look at the big picture with that one, the VERY big picture.
It's kinda wierd to, cause alot of times, if people don't know what grade I'm in, they'll guess like a junior or something, just on how I present myself. I am SOOOO ready to get out of highschool, but sadly I'm only a freshmen, I still got 3 more long, boring pointless years left.
Another thing that I've noticed about myself is that, as I said a while back, it's not just school that I feel limited in, it's pretty much life in general up here. I mean, okay, last year around middle Jan. through, oh, lets see, June, life was really depressing and bland up here, everything was the same. It's as though the person narrarating my life was speaking in a mono-tone... with elevator music in the backround... in a broken elevator with the only hope of getting out being to sit and wait, and talk in mono-tone. But then ocasionally, when we go down to the cities and stuff, it's like the person narrarating my life (likes call him Charles) just finished the first couple ski runs of the day, ready and expecting many more, only to be put back in a broken elevator. And, to make it worse, the longer I stay here, the more this place feels like home, so I only have a limited (another limitation, I'm begining to discover that limitations is what life's about) amount of time before I become permanently limited to nothing. AGHH!!!!!

Well, now that you all know my situation, any suggestions?

No comments: