Tuesday, January 2

what is?

It’s about 1:50 a.m. Jan. 2nd, my mind is whirring. In the past hour, I’ve finished reading a book for school. Thee best school oriented book that I have read. The ending is the best combination of an open end and secure closer possible, the perfect amount for you to be disappointed and surprised that the story has ended well at the same time be happy for all the characters, and for you to be left wondering why. Why some many things are the way they are, for this book indulges you into most of the “don’t talk abouts” such as abortion and specific areas of religion. Previous to that, I read another chapter in “Sophie’s World” you know, the one I talked about earlier, although I had no clue what I was talking about, the one about the history of Philosophy.
Now, ask yourself what in the world I am going to do, lying in bed, with sleep obviously a few thought processes ahead besides work my way through those multiple thought processes. Exactly. Nothing, well aside from this, which is just away of putting those thoughts into an organized manor hopefully understandable by fellow human beings.
Now, a few minutes ago, I found myself asking my other self, What is life? What is the existence of mankind? What is?... any answers anyone?
Now, I was going to say something here about well, I’ve clean forgotten what it was. You see, I started typing it, right after my question What is being?, but then I realized that it really made no sense at all, and so I erased it and was going to start a new paragraph with it, but in figuring out how to end the before paragraph, I forgot why I was starting a new one. And now, I’ve just taken more of your precious time and thrown it clear out the window, so if you’re planning on doing something important, go do it.
Ah, I now remember what I was going to say in the last paragraph before I forgot it. It was something about how normally things that bring out a certain emotion in you, or a certain feeling usually appear simultaneously in your life. Example, my sister suggested I start reading “Sophie’s World”, about the history of philosophy, while at the same time, in school, we are reading the book “Staying fat for Sarah Byrnes”, which, in my mind, has a fairly philosophical ending, if interpreted in the right way. Now, I probably wouldn’t have interpreted it in the way that I did if I hadn’t also been reading “Sophie’s World” while also attempting to keep tabs with my blog here. Thus with at least these three things that have something to do with philosophy, or at least all involve myself trying to figure out why there is.

Well, I’ve done it again, been unable to sleep, decided to right something down for my blog, then tried to figure out what, and miraculously, have about five or six different thoughts as to what I should say, all in some way linking with each other. So, then as the cycle usually goes, I start writing, attempting to be writing about something that has something to do with at least one of the many things I was before planning to write about, and then as I finish, skim through it and realize that 90% of my material is something like the worst way I could of said it while still getting the point through, although the point has been dulled considerably, but then decide that it is still okay material because even though now that I’m done with it, I can’t figure out how I came up with it, I still know that although it seems like I was half out of my mind when I wrote it, I am now back, fully in my mind because of it, and if I were to write it again, it would probably end up being the same. Normally about this time, I realize I actually am quite tired and go to bed, however, this time it’s not working, so I may either end up writing another page, or I may just read another book, which seems more interesting right now, so I’m out.

No comments: